1. How often should SleepWeaver Élan be washed?
The SleepWeaver Élan should be washed on an as needed basis to maintain the cleanliness that is desired. Cleaning the mask every 1 – 3 days will be sufficient for most people.
2. How should SleepWeaver Élan be washed?
For home use, SleepWeaver Élan should be cleaned by hand washing with a mild nonabrasive detergent in warm (not hot) water until visibly clean. Rinse well with drinking quality water and allow to air dry out of direct sun- light. You may keep the swivel attached during cleaning or you may remove it and clean it separately. The headgear should be hand washed weekly. *HANG DRY ONLY (Do NOT dry mask and headgear in the dryer).
3. In what position can the tubing be run when using SleepWeaver Élan?
SleepWeaver Élan allows the tube to be routed in any direction according to the patient’s choice, including over the head.
4. From what material is the mask made?
The cloth is the same material used to make winter ski clothing. A portion of the mask that contacts the skin contains polyester, nylon, and elastane. The cloth material is “breathable” meaning that the material wicks moisture and heat away from the user’s skin. You should have no concerns about skin allergies or irritation with this mask. The headgear consists of polyurethane foam, nylon, and lycra. It does NOT contain Mercapto- benzothiazole or Mercapto MX. The plastic swivel is made of polycarbonate. Please be aware that there are trace quantities of BPA in all polycarbonate products. The Feather Weight Tube is made of hytrel and EVA.
5. Does the cloth mask contain latex?
No. The mask is not made from natural rubber latex.
6. What is recommended pressure for SleepWeaver Élan?
SleepWeaver Élan has been tested and approved for use between 4 – 20 cm H2O on PAP, Bi-Level and Auto-CPAP systems.
7. Does SleepWeaver Élan have an exhalation vent?
Yes. There are a series of small holes in the lower side of the cloth cushion that provide exhaust for the exhaled CO2. The exhaust rate is comparable to most old style hard plastic PAP masks.
8. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan with my existing PAP system?
Yes. SleepWeaver Élan works with all standard PAP, Bi-Level and Auto-titrating PAP systems.
9. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan with a humidifier?
10. Will SleepWeaver Élan seal better than SleepWeaver Advance?
The design of SleepWeaver Élan is different from SleepWeaver Advance, but both utilize zzzephyr seal technology. It will depend on the individual which SleepWeaver they feel is best suited for them. Whatever mask you choose, you will experience the soft, quiet and comfortable fit of a SleepWeaver cloth mask.
11. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan if I use supplemental oxygen?
Yes. An oxygen fitting should be placed in line with the hose at the connection to the PAP machine.
12. What is a Zzzephyr Seal?
The Zzzephyr Seal is a light, fine cloth that helps form a comfortable seal around the bridge of your nose. The elastic material cradles the nose and promotes fewer mask leaks. The elastic material cradles the nose and promotes fewer mask leaks.
13. Are there any interchangeable pieces for Advance and Élan?
The Feather Weight Tube is interchangeable. The SleepWeaver Feather Weight Tube works with SleepWeaver Anew, SleepWeaver Élan, SleepWeaver Advance and all PAP Masks that use a standard 22 mm hose connection.
14. Does Élan have the zzzephyr seal?
The same technology as used in the zzzephyr seal is included in SleepWeaver Élan interface. Specifically, the interface material is elastic allowing the mask to inflate like a balloon and create a leak free seal with no pressure points.
15. Can I wear SleepWeaver Élan if I have facial hair?
16. Can I sleep on my stomach while wearing the mask?
Yes. The air pressure in the mask will keep the mask inflated without pressure points. The mask continues to allow CO2 exhalation as long as a portion of the exhalation holes are exposed.
17. Can I read or watch TV while wearing the mask?
Yes. There is nothing in the field of view from the mask or headgear. This allows you to wear glasses and read or watch TV while wearing the mask.
18. I have dentures. Can I still wear the mask?
Yes. SleepWeaver Élan can be worn by patients with dentures.
19. Can I use SleepWeaver Élan if I have a broken nose of deviated septum?
Yes. The pliable nature of SleepWeaver Élan allows it to conform to the patient’s facial anatomy even if it is not symmetrical.
20. What is included in the DVD that came with my Starter Kit?
The DVD includes an instructional video and printable written instructions in multiple languages.
21. How long will a SleepWeaver Élan last?
The SleepWeaver Élan Mask and Headgear is designed to last for 6 months, with replacement mask/cushions available for replacement every 3 months. The replacement items can be purchased separately from the starter kit on our website.
22. Will you be making smaller sizes?
The SleepWeaver Élan is available in small, regular, and large and a starter kit.
27. Can I use the Feather Weight Tube with SleepWeaver Advance, Anew and Élan?
The SleepWeaver Feather Weight Tube works with the SleepWeaver Advance, Élan and Anew and all PAP Masks that use a standard 22 mm hose connection.
28. Can the headgear for each SleepWeaver mask be used with other SleepWeaver products?
No. Each SleepWeaver headgear is specific to its mask and it cannot be interchanged.
29. Is SleepWeaver Élan better than SleepWeaver Advance?
Both products provide the superior comfort of a cloth mask. However, Élan offers several features not available in Advance. - Multiple sizes - Hose can be routed in any direction, including over the head - Improved line of sight