Smart Peak Flow device helps you stay on top of your Asthma using smart sensor technology. The Smart Peak Flow is a compact, self-monitoring digital peak expiratory flow meter (PEFM) for asthma. The device is designed for moderate to severe asthmatics, it accurately predicts the likelihood of an asthma attack. The Smart Peak Flow plugs into the audio jack port of any Android and iOS smartphone devices alternatively you can use the Bluetooth adaptor to detect asthma exacerbations before asthma patients can feel it. It uses the same technology as a diagnostic spirometer and guarantees accurate peak flow measurements than the mechanical peak flow meters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delivery and Returns
Smart Peak Flow Meter Bluetooth Adapter included - Track your Asthma, learn your triggers & take better care of your body.
Recommended by doctors and asthma patients.
Suitable for ages 5 and above.
- Helps you to perform an accurate peak flow measurement and to monitor your asthma
- Helps you to predict asthma attacks up to 7 days ahead
- Use the device with the app and connect it to your smartphone or tablet. The app processes your results and automatically records them. This will save you a lot of time on a daily basis.
- Certified Medical Device works on all smartphones.
- Made in Europe. 99% Accurate
- All readings charted automatically
- Monitor your asthma any time anywhere
- Explanation of all your readings
- Remote sharing of peak flow reading with your doctor instantly.
- No need for waiting times at the GP’s office or to travel to the nearest pulmonology center.
What's in the box
- Smart Peak Flow Meter
- Bluetooth Adaptor
- Reusable Mouthpiece
- Carry Bag/pouch
- User Manual
- User friendly FREE Smartphone App - Available on all phones with Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0.
“Smart Peak Flow measures your peak flow, but also a percentage compared to your last best blow. This comparison is invaluable when trying to work out if your asthma is worsening or not.” - Dr. Andras Szantho, Lung Specialist
“I recommend Smart Peak Flow as regular peak flow readings help me assess my patients. I know whether the medications I prescribe actually work.” - Prof. Krzysztof Buczyłko, Director of Allergology
Predicting future asthma attacks
The Smart Peak Flow is a particularly useful device that allows you to gain insight into your lung capacity for the next day. If you also fill in how often you use your inhalator, the app will be able to predict asthma attacks.
Take a deep breath and blow into the mouthpiece. It is the speed and force of your exhaled breath that counts, not the length of it. After blowing, the peak expiratory flow (PEF) appears in liters per minute. You’ll also see how this result relates to your "Personal Best", the best value you have blown up to that point. The app asks you to perform three blows and will save the highest of those values as the result.
Depending on your result, the "traffic light" will be green (asthma under control), amber (caution) or red (medical emergency). Colours help you know if you're good to go or need medical attention. Works with your doctor’s action plan.
Monitoring your lung function over a longer period of time - Learn how your body reacts to different places, times & activities. Make notes with every reading.
The Smart Peak Flow app automatically saves your daily results. This helps you to monitor your lung function over a longer period of time i.e weekly, quarterly, or annually. With the location access turned on, you can perform a peak flow measurement at different locations and compare the results at home, at work, while exercising.
YOU CONTROL WHAT YOU MEASURE
Daily peak flow recording is an effective way to spot patterns in your asthma. Studies show you can wheeze 77% less by learning to spot and avoid triggers.
A PEAK FLOW A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY
Sharing daily peak flow recordings with your doctor updates them about your asthma. They’re able to give you updated advice about your medication. Studies show this cuts emergency events by half.
YOUR MEDICATION DONE RIGHT
Studies show mobile health apps help you use your medication correctly, up to 96%. They remind you to use the right dosages as doctors prescribe.
Smart Peak Flow Meter - Frequently Asked Questions
Can children use the smart peak flow meter?
Yes! - The Smart Peak Flow Meter is safe for use for children over 5 years old.
How should I measure my peak flow?
- Connect your device to your smartphone and launch the Smart Peak Flow app.
- Make sure you’re standing in a well-lit area and that you’re not covering the top window.
- Put the device into your mouth beyond your teeth and close your lips to form a seal around the mouthpiece.
- Press Start, take a deep breath with your nose and blow as hard and fast as you can out of your mouth.
- Read the result on your screen and repeat two more times to get a total of 3 measurements – the app will only save the highest. Watch our video guide, or read the section HOW TO MEASURE YOUR PEF VALUE in the User Manual.
How can I download the smart peak flow app?
How do I share my peak flow reading with my physician/specialist?
To share your peak flow readings, click on the “share” button near the top left corner of the chart.
Can my family members share the smart peak flow device?
No – the device is meant to be used by a single user.
How can I keep my smart peak flow device clean?
We recommend that you clean the mouthpiece and the Smart Peak Flow meter device regularly to maintain the product as it works best when clean. Check the mouthpiece & device turbine after each use by looking at it. Make sure that they are clean and clear of foreign objects or substances.
You can clean both the mouthpiece & device in a bath of lukewarm water. Make sure both are dry before using it again.
We also recommend you keep your Smart Peak Flow device & mouthpiece in the carry bag when not using it.
For more information on cleaning, please refer to the section CLEANING AND DISINFECTION in the User Manual.
How long does the Smart Peak Flow Meter last for?
Smart Peak Flow has a guaranteed lifespan of 2 years under normal usage conditions. Perform cleaning of the device on a regular basis to continuously ensure hygienic and accurate measuring.
What does the Smart Peak Flow Package contain?
It consists of the Smart Peak Flow Meter that connects to you smartphone via a 3.5mm headphone jack or Bluetooth, one washable mouthpiece, a drawstring carry bag and the user manual.
Which IOS or Android Versions are supported?
For iOS: iOS 10.0 or later versions. | For Android: Android versions 5.0 or later. (Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, Pie)
How do I pair the Smart Peak Flow Bluetooth adaptor with my smartphone?
- To turn the device on, press the button on its face for 3 seconds (you will see three blue flashes of light during these 3 seconds). The device will enter into pairing mode (you will see flashing blue and red lights).
- Enter the settings menu on your smartphone and find the Bluetooth settings. In the Bluetooth settings, press, Pair new device”. Now wait for SmartPeakFlow” to appear on the list and tap on it. You might get prompted to confirm that you want to Pair the Bluetooth Adapter; if this is the case, press. Pair”. (If the pairing is successful, the ring around the button will show constant blue light) (You will only have to pair the Bluetooth Adapter to your phone once, it will then remember it and automatically connect to your phone the next time you turn it on.)
- If it presents the following message on the Smart Peak Flow app 'Okay, let’s go!', the device has been successfully paired with your smartphone (please ensure Bluetooth is turned on your smartphone (you will see a constant blue light)
- Now plug your SMART PEAK FLOW device into the Bluetooth Adapter, and you are ready to go!
- To turn the device off, press the button for 3 seconds (you will see three red flashes of light during these 3 seconds)
- The device automatically turns off 2 minutes after being turned off to save battery. We recommend turning your device off once you are done with the measurements to preserve the battery further.
Charging: Connect the Micro-USB charging cable to the Bluetooth Adapter and the USB of the line to any computer or a wall socket via Wall Adapter. (You will see a constant red light when the device is charging.) The battery charging time from 0 to 100% is approximately 30 minutes. You can use up to 4 hours after a full charge.
Tips and tricks for optimal use
- Use the Smart Asthma app on your smartwatch and get notified when you need to measure your peak flow!
- Put your lips around the mouthpiece and place it past the teeth.
- Always stand upright when measuring your peak flow.
- Use the Smart Peak Flow in a room with ample sunlight or artificial light. The peak flow meter needs sufficient light to be able to perform an accurate measurement.
- Clean the Smart Peak Flow and the mouthpiece with warm water and mild soap. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Never lend your Smart Peak flow to another person because of the risk of cross-contamination.
How to complete your first reading on Smart Peak Flow device
How to install the Smart Peak Flow app on your mobile
How to register with Smart Peak Flow
Unboxing Smart Peak Flow
How Smart Peak Flow warns you of an Asthma attack
All orders received by 2pm AEST are usually sent out on the same business day. Orders received after 2pm AEST are usually sent out on the next business day.